Treating Customers Fairly
Alternative Route are committed to providing customers with an excellent level of service. Our success is built on our professionalism, integrity and our desire to build long term relationships.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has six core consumer outcome principles which all regulated firms must adhere to help customers fully understand the features, benefits, risks and costs of the financial products they buy.
The six guiding principle elements are:
- Consumers are confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market place are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their needs and circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit claims or make a complaint.
- We adhere to these principles by:
- Training our staff to provide the best customer service so that our customers can feel confident in the service that we provide and the manner in which they are treated.
- Ensuring that all our marketing through whatever medium is designed to be clear, concise and informative and directed at the appropriate sector.
- Listening to our customers to understand their needs and providing them with all the information they need to make the right decision for them.
- When providing advice, explaining fully and clearly all the finance options available to enable the customer to make an informed choice.
- Regularly reviewing the products and suppliers that we use to ensure that we are providing the services our customers want.
- Providing an excellent after sales service and if for any reason a customer raises a complaint we will respond immediately to resolve the issue and keep the customer informed.