Our site uses cookies and continuing implies your consent. Click here to read more.
Click here to dismiss this banner

2019s Fastest Selling Used Cars

Author: Sam Allibone

 

Data retrieved by Indicata UK has revealed which vehicles sell the fastest on the used car market.

EcoSport - The Best Selling Used Car in February 2019

The survey analysed 98,500 used cars sold in February 2019. 60% of the top 10 run on petrol, leaving diesels with a 40% market share.

“The used market’s popular stock is moving more quickly than in January, with demand apparently unaffected by Brexit. Our fuel type analysis made for interesting reading as used petrols are in higher demand on smaller cars, with used diesels preferred in larger SUVs where fuel consumption and overall running costs are improved,” explained Neil Gilligan, national business development manager for Indicata UK.

In the top spot for the fastest-selling used car is the Ford EcoSport. On average, it takes 44 days to sell – down 4 days from January 2019. The price the compact SUV commonly fetches is £14,065, up £158 in the same period. Gilligan commented “The Ford EcoSport continues to show its popularity as a used car, while SUVs and smaller hatchbacks continue as the most in-demand pre-owned models”.

In second place is the Hyundai Tucson, at 46 days to sell for an average price of £16,709. German car-maker Mercedes-Benz take third place with their premium SUV, the GLC, which takes 47 days to sell for the price of £32,106. Drivers looking for a cheaper alternative pay on average £24,433 for the Volkswagen Tiguan, which sells after 48 days on the market. Renault's supermini, the Clio, comes in fifth place, taking on average 49 days to sell, going for over £10,000.

See below for the full list.

Make and Model Fuel Type

Average Number of days to sell

Average Sale Price

1. Ford EcoSport

Petrol 44 £14,065

2. Hyundai Tucson

Petrol 46 £16,709

3. Mercedes-Benz GLC

Diesel 47 £32,106

4. Volkswagen Tiguan 

Diesel 48 £24,433

5. Renault Clio 

Petrol 49 £10,238

6. (Joint) Ford Kuga

Diesel 50 £18,244

     6. (Joint) Peugeot 2008 

Petrol 50 £11,753

     6. (Joint) Ford Focus 

Diesel 50 £13,306

7. Toyota C-HR

Petrol 51 £22,090

8. (Joint) Nissan Juke 

Diesel 52 £11,375

     8. (Joint) Mercedes-Benz A-Class

Petrol 52 £21,009

     8. (Joint) SEAT Ibiza 

Petrol 52  £10,332

     8. (Joint) Hyundai Tucson

Diesel 52  £16,909

     8. (Joint) Ford KA+

Petrol 52  £9,074

9. (Joint) Volkswagen Polo

Petrol 53  £12,103

     9. (Joint) Ford Focus

Petrol 53  £14,715

     9. (Joint) Mercedes-Benz A-Class

Diesel 53  £18,486

     9. (Joint) Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Diesel 53  £25,105

     9. (Joint) Suzuki Vitara

Petrol 53 £14,494

10. Ford Fiesta

Petrol 54 £10,877

 

Latest News
The NEW Mercedes-Benz GLS
The NEW Mercedes-Benz GLS
Read More
Police to introduce mobile phone detection warning signs
Police to introduce mobile phone detection warning signs
Read More
 
 
Contact Us

 

BVRLA

 

Funders

 

Alternative Route and Alternative Route Leasing are trading names of Hanborough Enterprises Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities and insurance distribution. Our Firm Reference Number is 631448. You can check this on the FCA Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA direct on 0300 500 8082. We are an independent vehicle finance broker and we operate with a panel of carefully selected funders. We may receive commission and/or other benefits from the finance provider if you enter in to an agreement with them. 

 

Alternative Route’s trading address is 11 North Street, Portslade, Brighton, East Sussex BN41 1DH.

 

Hanborough Enterprises Ltd is a company registered in England no 07216831. Registered office Jamesons House, Compton Way, Witney, Oxfordshire OX28 3AB. VAT Registration Number 110 3005 02. Data Protection Licence Z264186X. We are a broker not a lender


Finance is subject to status. Pictures are for illustration only and may not be the exact model. Calls are recorded for training and quality purposes. Errors and Omissions Excepted.


View our cookie policy         View our privacy policy

Facebook Twitter Logo Google Plus